Bored Poetry for Boring People


Bored Poetry For Boring People

A meta poem about the difficulties of writing poetry when there is a lack of inspiration; and finding a satirical connection to the common idea that poetry is boring and for the select few.

Bored Poetry For Boring People
I sit, sitting at the peripheries of gold, the pen is out of ink,
the book is left open.

Drowned in the insurgency of life, providing limited time to my hands, 
my brain steals their life,

These historic words, leave my mouth, and whisper silently in the past,
alternate dreams of emotional wisdom.

For now, the past seems crass, rather stupid, the firey moment has gone,
leaving a soupy mess,

stuffed wet tissue-paper lines my brain, lets bang my head,
seeps the jumbled mess of BBC sport and writing.

I join the queue, to a life of simplicity and, humanist oblivion.
Oblivious to the gold-dust that lines my fingertips.

A poem by Jasper Gentry.

 

Comments